Welcome to my little corner of Blogland, won't you please come in and chat with me?


Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Copy-Kids Review

One of my biggest challenges in making the choice to live healthier and eat better was getting my 3 year old on board with the eating of vegetables!  He loves fruit, but veggies are a chore and often he leaves them on his plate.

I was at my wits end mama's, I just didn't know how to get my toddler to eat his veggies!  I have tried disguising veggies which works sometimes, smothering them in cheese or other sauce which doesn't work since he licks off the sauce, we've tried playing airplane or cheering for the veggies, I've done veggie dances, made up veggie songs, and even tried making him eat the veggies before I serve the rest of the meal.  Nothing has worked, I mean if it's carrots no problem he'll eat them, he loves celery with peanut butter, and he'll eat organic corn if I serve it but if I offer him a green vegetable "it's yuck".

Enter Copy-Kids Eat Fruits and Vegetables!  I was given a review copy of this DVD, and now even three days after watching the video my son happily gobbles up his veggies and all I have to say is "can you eat your veggies like copy-kids?"  I then get a cheerful head nod, and enthusiastic "YES!" I am so happy that my little boy is getting his veggies now!  He even came over while I was preparing our broccoli and stole 3 raw pieces right off my cutting board!  Last night he ate tomatoes which he has previously resisted in any form but sauce!  Not only did he eat those tomatoes and green beans on his plate, but he ate them FIRST before any other food! 


DVD Copy-Kids Eat Fruits & Vegetables

Copy-Kids is a new company launched in January 2012, with the release of their first DVD Copy-Kids Eat Fruits and Vegetables.  The company operates on the premise that children learn best from other children.  There are additional DVD's planned for other desirable behaviors like exercise, and tooth brushing, the series is designed for children from 6 months to 5 years.  The DVD itself is very simple, you choose one of 12 chapters (foods) that you'd like your child to eat.  Then your child will see several different children on the screen each with a plate of the chosen food, some children will be eating the food whole, others will have slices or chopped veggies, some are eating it raw others cooked,  a whole variety of ways!  Each chapter is only 6-8 minutes long which is perfect for a toddler sized attention span.



Based on my experience with this DVD, children really do learn best from other children, especially children who are similar to their own age!  This DVD priced at 19.95 is truly a wonderful investment in the health of your child, because what could be better than a child who happily munches on his or her veggies?  

We here in our family give Copy-Kids 5 stars!  It's simple, and cute, and I for one am a fan of anything that gets kiddos to eat their veggies! You can purchase the DVD here, and read more about Copy-Kids here, you may also visit them on Facebook.  I am sure your child will love it, and you will too!

Birbitt Thinks that fruits and vegetables are a good thing, and ANYTHING that gets children to eat those veggies is a huge plus in my book!

I was provided a free copy of Copy Kids eat Fruits and Vegetables in exchange for my review.  I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions are strictly my own.

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea to get your kids to eat veggies and healthy food! I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the detailed information. Great to get the kids eating vegetables again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to view this! My kids REALLY need more vegetables!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are definitely about copying each other, good or bad; sounds like a great way to teach some GOOD habits without having to also weed out the less desirable ones. Got one for "eat your beans/meat/whole wheat/iron rich foods?" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds really interesting! Thank you for posting and the review.

    ReplyDelete

Looking for Something?