Welcome to my little corner of Blogland, won't you please come in and chat with me?


Monday, March 22, 2010

New Beginnings

Yesterday began a new week. A week that I will never forget, and one that hopefully my eldest son will never forget either. Yesterday was the first day of our church Revival, we have brought in a great evangelist to preach for us and hopefully bring New life into our church. Many of us, myself included, have begun to get too comfortable with the way things are and we all need to change that, we need to have a heart for our Lord and our church, we need revival in our church and we need it now.

There's more to this story than just revival though, along with the beginning of our revival last night was also a baptismal service, so after our evangelist spoke we saw four young men baptized (no we do not exclude the ladies it just worked out that we only had young men this time), my eldest son being one of them. While the baptism takes less than a minute it's significance is far greater than that. We believe in baptism by full immersion and it is an outward symbol of an inward change, it is the picture of the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here is a little video I took of his baptism (I hope this works, I've never done video before):


Birbitt thinks it is a wonderful day to watch a child surrender fully to the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got over here to see it. I am rejoicing with you! I cannot wait for the Princess to see this also.

    ReplyDelete

Looking for Something?