Welcome to my little corner of Blogland, won't you please come in and chat with me?


Friday, January 13, 2012

BookSneeze review



I recently had the opportunity to read and review Has God Spoken Proof of the Bible's Divine Inspiration by Hank Hanegraaff and I am so glad I did!  This book was great, and a very intense read.  It took me quite a while to get through this one, not because I didn't like it or didn't want to read it, but because it was so intense that I could only read a few pages at a time.  I wanted to let every word sink in, and have time to stew around before continuing.  This was the first time I found myself underlining and taking notes in a book I picked up for pleasure reading.  This book was divided into 4 sections and each section had a unique approach to proving Biblical truths, and each section chose a different manner in which to prove the truth.  The four sections were Manuscript C-O-P-I-E-S, which focused on the copyists and the available manuscripts to prove the author's stance.  The second section is Archaeologist's S-P-A-D-E, which focuses on artifacts and archaeological evidence.  Thirdly is Prophetic S-T-A-R-S which focuses on the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.  Lastly but certainly not least is Scriptural L-I-G-H-T-S which focuses on the rules, art, and science of scriptural interpretation.

As a Christian it is often easy to simply state our beliefs as fact, however if we are to be taken seriously by the opposing side then we must be able to offer proof to back up our stance.  This book gives quite a bit of that.  Reading Has God Spoken was quite a spiritual experience for me, I mean I've always known the Bible was true, but it was quite moving to see proof in front of me.  One part that I found particularly interested is when Mr. Hanegraaff suggested that the absence of the original Biblical manuscripts was indeed proof of it's divine inspiration, his reasoning I'll leave you to find out for yourself because I would hate to spoil your enjoyment of this great book! This book is certainly going to be a keeper on my shelf, and with shelf space at a premium in my home this is the highest form of a compliment. 

In exchange for my review I was provided a free copy of the book from BookSneeze.  I was not required to give a positive review, and all opinions in this review are strictly my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for Something?