Welcome to my little corner of Blogland, won't you please come in and chat with me?


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Saying goodbye to 2011

2011 has been kind to us in many ways, and in some ways not so kind.  I just want to focus on the good things that happened this year, and so I'm going to post them in no particular order:

1. Twiggles has decided that having a babysitter isn't such a bad thing and that it's ok for Mama to leave him occasionally to have time alone with daddy.
2. Hubby and I went on our first date in over 3 years without any children.  We attended his company Christmas Party.
3. We have taken charge of our health with Young Living Essential Oils, and doing so eliminated my son's need for his harmful asthma medications.
4. We have been trying to eat much better than we used to, and it's working slowly.
5. I have finally begun making friends in the same city as I through my local MOPS group.
6. I enrolled in college, to get a degree that I'll actually use this time.
7. I finished my first college course in 10 years with a 99.28% - the only points I lost were for grammar usage, mostly the forgetting of commas.
8. I found a great ladies Bible Study to participate in, which makes me very happy :)
9. My oldest regained his confidence in reading, and loves it again.
10. I celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary.
11. My baby found a friend :)
12. Hubby and I found friends that are actually in our stage of life (married with children)
13. Our children are becoming young gentlemen.
14. I have learned to listen more to God and less to me.
15. Our winter has thus far been extremely mild and I've not had to turn on the heater yet.


Oh I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I can think of just now. :)  So how was your 2011?

1 comment:

  1. I would say that the best part of this past year was it was an obvious fulfillment of a promise given to me by God and confirmation that I do really listen to Him and even hear what He has to say to me...at least, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Looking for Something?