Welcome to my little corner of Blogland, won't you please come in and chat with me?


Monday, April 25, 2011

This was not in the plan.

Saturday did not go as planned for this family!

My normal Saturday routine is to get up at 5am and head over to our pickup location for our Bountiful Baskets, a produce co-op we participate in more on this later, volunteer my time packing baskets, get my own basket and head home. Then I put it away once home, and lay on the sofa and rest for an hour or so until the children wake up. Once they wake it's breakfast, a trip to the grocery store to get our necessities, lunch, a nap for Twiggles, playtime for me and the big boys, some outside play after nap, and then dinner.

This week however was not what I had planned! I got up at my usual 5am, drove over to bountiful baskets did my volunteer time, and loaded my basket into the car. This was more exhausting than usual since I'd been sick the three days prior. As I was pulling into our parking lot I heard a rather strange noise, and upon parking and looking about I discovered that the car had a flat tire, and my donut is without air. This means no car until Hubby's day off so he can get a new tire from the tire place. This also meant that I had no way to the grocery store to get some of our necessities, this week including the ingredients for our Sunday dinner. Oh, and my power box was flashing which mean that I had very little electricity left for the house, in this case I had only $1.36 remaining until the power would shut off, so getting power on the card was a priority!

Thankfully I did manage to get a neighbor to take me for power and some groceries, I did not get all the groceries I intended because the power kiosk is inside one of our more expensive stores so I settled for getting the Must Have Now groceries like milk, eggs, bread, and the food for Sunday. I was sad to have missed Sunday service, but without a car it is just not possible.

Oh, and of course on Sunday as I was trying to check my email, I discovered that the laptop battery was dead, and the charger was not working. Of course my warranty expired 3 days before which meant I was on my own with this one. Sunday being Easter I found Best Buy to be closed, and the only charger I was able to find was in a local Radio Shack at a price far higher than I would have paid to best buy, but since everything is on my laptop I had to get it, or the children would have no school schedules, and be missing many of their worksheets.

I have been telling hubby since the first time our computer malfunctioned and needed repair that I would like to get rid of it, and get a different one, now he too wants a different one, of a different brand as we find the customer service for this one to be severely lacking, and the computer seems to have a great many issues.

So all in all we had a good Sunday together as a family but the rest of the weekend just did not go as it was supposed to. I am looking forward to a better week this week.

1 comment:

  1. Life does seems to mix it up just when you are comfortable in your rut...er, routine, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Looking for Something?